A charity has been set up in memory of Millie Thompson; a baby girl who died after choking at a Stockport nursery.
Millie was nine months old when she choked at Ramillies Hall School and Nursery in Cheadle Hulme in October.
On the 23rd of October, emergency services were called to the nursery, after a 999 call saying a child was choking on food.
Millie was rushed to the nearest hospital but was unable to be saved.
An inquest into the death has been opened and adjourned until April 2013, while investigations at the nursery are carried out.
Millie's parents, Joanne and Dan Thompson said that Christmas was "too painful to celebrate", and so focused their energy on setting up their charity Millie's Trust.
They decided to start a charity in Millie's memory, that would spread the word about the importance of first aid knowledge.
The charity wants to help families, teenagers, parents, and grandparents that cannot afford to get paediatric first aid training to get on courses.
Mrs Thompson said "We want to help anyone that looks after children but cannot afford to fully fund a course. We believe that first aid should be an essential part of your knowledge because one day you might just be in a situation where you need to help someone using first aid".
The charity will be holding a launch party on the 2nd of February at The Ryecroft Arms in Cheadle Hulme, and entry will be by ticket only.
Tickets cost £10 and include a drink, supper, and entry into their prize draw.
If you would like to donate to the charity, find out what they can do for you, or speak with someone about buying charity tickets, then please contact them.
Direct2Mum wish all the support in the world to Millie's Trust and we hope our family of members will support them also.