On the 7th Day of Xmas.......
On the 7th Day Of Xmas Direct2Mum gave to me, a Belt Up Kidz Safety Buckle.
Belt Up Kidz is a retrofit buckle that helps prevent young children from removing their arms from the shoulder straps of their, Buggies, Highchairs and Trikes etc.
Knowing your child is properly strapped in and cannot escape from their buggy, high-chair, bike etc. will bring peace of mind and could help prevent injuries caused by distraction or every day accidents.
Message from the Creator:
I am a mum of two from Lichfield, Staffordshire and came up with the idea 7 years ago when my daughter would never keep her arms in her straps - this made life incredibly stressful. She also used to take her arms out of her high chair straps so I could not turn my back on her for a minute. Once she stood up and the high chair started tipping back onto a stone kitchen floor, not one of my best memories!
A fall from a highchair can also cause serious head injury – often the highchair is in the kitchen, on a hard floor.
Children make rapid breakthroughs in their development and accidents can happen in a split second. It’s very easy for parents to be caught by surprise when a child first pushes themselves up out of a highchair.
So the message to parents is build safety into everyday routines – and this includes the following advice:
Get into the habit of strapping your child into their highchair every time.
Now for the Technical Bit:
- Designed to fit buggies, high chairs and some Trikes
- Belt is adjustable to allow child growth across the chest area
- Chest clip can also be adjusted further up the straps as child gets taller
- Will not pull the straps together - So seat works as originally designed to
- Single hand side release safety buckle for quick release
- Portable for use on different items of equipment
- Interlocking belt clips - Which can only be removed by an adult
- High quality, durable materials
- Assembly Free, just clip on and go
- Will fit on a single strap of a highchair or buggy.
- The product needs to be fitted at the correct height to work effectively