Join Bloggers Corner
Whether you’re blog royalty or a bewildered newbie to the ‘blogosphere', we’re here to work with you and to help make your blog a success!
Direct2Mum are all about creating a supportive, upbeat and friendly community for us all to enjoy and want to feel a part of a great (if slightly dysfunctional) family! With this in mind, we hate to have to get all serious on you and wouldn’t dream of infringing on those creative writing juices that we love to watch flowing; but we do have a few guidelines to help make it a better place for everyone to enjoy.
A few tips on how to blog:
Many people use a blog as a kind of online diary. Whether in a professional capacity or just as yourself, it can be a great form of release from everyday pressures as well as the perfect place to share your experiences and views on a topic you feel passionate about.
The tone and content of blogs vary greatly, some are kept at a professional level and focus on facts and the sharing of information with others whilst many are simply people sharing the humour, highs and lows of their everyday life...whichever way you choose to share your blog it’s good to remember that there’s no right and wrong way, so just make it your own and have fun!
Many bloggers have also managed to create a successful career for themselves from blogging, whether by becoming a recognised expert or industry voice in their areas or by reviewing products whilst others have simply enriched their lives by sharing their thoughts and experiences with others and creating some great relationships along the way. There are lots of opportunities out there to be grabbed and there’s never been a better time to join the greater ‘blogosphere!’
Here are a few pointers to help you on your way:
- Try to be yourself - Whether blogging as yourself, anonymously or with an assumed name, your tone and style of writing will engage an audience better if it reads genuinely.
- Don’t prattle on! - Nobody wants to have to spend 20 minutes scrolling through pages and pages of copy...no matter how interesting your latest trip to Ikea was!
- Be creative - Think about what will make your blog stand out from the crowd and try to come up with something that is unique to you that will draw people in.
- Link up! - Link with other blogs/bloggers that compliment your own and refer/link to articles in the news and on other sites as you talk about them.
- Promote - Make sure your blog includes links to your social media profiles and websites/affiliates and shout about it! How else are people going to hear about you?
- Add some colour - Don’t be dull...also try to include some images wherever possible to enhance your blog. They can be personal images of you and your family or random images that make you laugh.
- Keep it updated - Your new blog needs to be nurtured and cultivated to grow successfully just like your favourite plant! Neglected blogs with wither and fade away to nothing so be sure to keep your posts short, sweet and bountiful and you’ll reap the rewards!
If you have any feedback on the above or on how we can improve our bloggers corner please email us at email@example.com
Now for the techy bit!
For those of you already signed up as a contributor to the Direct2Mum bloggers corner....our resident techy guy Rob has pulled together this simple ‘how to’ guide to talk through how to create your blog and use the blog & post editors.
Like everyone else, we’re not perfect all the time, so if you spot anything strange or have any feedback regarding the blog editor please email firstname.lastname@example.org